Hybrid Abilities Aug 24, 2012 5:37:12 GMT -5
Post by Coyote on Aug 24, 2012 5:37:12 GMT -5
[/li][/ul]Here is a list of all the abilities of the hybrids. The list of traits are what they can have in human form, while all hybrids may morph into their DNA donors. If you have another idea, please PM the staff.
[li] Wings; Not all avians have them, but 99% of them do. The color of their wings will most likely match the natural color of the DNA they have acquired. Their wing spans can vary, generally proportional to the wing span of the DNA donor.
- [li] Feathers; Some Avian Hybrids have feathers, mostly mixed in with their hair.
- [li] Light-Weight Bones; All avians are lighter in weight than other hybrids due to their hollowed out bird bones. This makes them faster than most other hybrids, but a lot more fragile.
Military Purposes: Avian hybrids were mainly created to be used as transport and medics. A few specialized in aerial assaults, but it was rare as they were too fragile too take on actual attack equipment.
As transport, they were able to move supplies quicker than ground vehicles. Also able to transfer messages without leaving a paper trail that letters or such would leave, much like carrier pigeons.
As medics, they were useful for swooping in and carrying the wounded from the battlefield without worry of hitting explosives or without having to occupy soldiers with guarding the wounded. This means most avian medics have seen quite a bit that they probably don't want to relive.
A select few were specially trained for aerial assaults and combat. The ability to dive in and attack, along with the ability to take enemies to the air and fight them out of their element.
- [li] Claws; Canines can have claws, but they do not retract like felines.
[/li][li] Fangs;[/color] They can also acquire fangs. A very common trait.
[/li][li] 6th Sense:[/color] Canines seem to have an ability to sense fear. As well as who is a natural enemy and who is not.[/li][/ul]
[li] Tails; Tails are a semi-rare trait. They give the canine hybrids better balance and usually match the characteristics of the DNA donor.
[li] Markings; Occasionally, canine hybrids can have markings similar to their donor.
- [li] Middleweight; Humans spliced with large breed canines are heavier than other hybrids. While humans spliced with light weight breeds are, well, lighter.
Military Purposes: The canine group was created to be a basic agile group, used mainly for raids and combat. They were a fairly high endurance group that was trained heavily in hand to hand, or hand to paw, combat.
In raids, they were set up into four person groups to search houses for enemies, explosives, etc. With their sensitive sense of smell and hearing, they could easily detect dangers before others approached. A select few were selected to be specially trained for bomb squad purposes.
They were normally paired with Reptilians or Ursidaes for missions.
- [li] Claws; Claws for felines are retractable.
- [li] Tails; Some humans have gained tails out of their splicing. It helps with balance, but is a semi rare trait.
- [li] Markings; Some felines gain markings, such as stripes, and spots. Sometimes on their skin, sometimes in their hair and such.
- [li] Light Weight; Feline hybrids are quite light weight and quicker on their feet.
[/li][li] Graceful;[/color] They are very graceful and agile like cats.[/li][/ul]
Military Purposes: Felines were created to be used as spies. With their ability to be silent and graceful, they were able to get into areas that most could not without being spotted. With their stealthiness, they were able to get in, gather information and report back with said information. Often reporting back to avians if the distance was too great to make the trip quickly.
- [li] Fangs; A common trait just as the others.
- [li] Scales; Just like the other hybrids can have fur spots and such, reptiles can have scale patches.
- [li] Long Tongued; Some can have longer tongues. Some slitted.
- [li] Growing Back Limbs; A very rare, almost a myth, trait that was not very successful in the lab.
- [li] Cold Blooded; All reptilian hybrids are cold blooded.
Military Purposes: Reptilians were not as common as the other hybrid groups. They were mainly an experimental group that never really got off the ground. The successful test subjects were sent out to accompany the canine group on the battlefield mostly. The thought had been to create a group that could regenerate when wounded quickly to return to battle, but it is said that it was never successful.
- [li] Poison; Some aquatics can be poisoness. By way of mouth, small spikes, etc.
- [li] Scales; As with other hybrids, they can have colored scale patches.
- [li] Tail; (Mermaid) Some aquatic hybrids can develope tails when wet like merpeople. A rare trait.
- [li] Echolocation; All aquatic hybrids have the ability of echolocation.
Military Purposes: Aquatics were created to act as human submarines. With the ability to breath underwater, they were able to infiltrate anything underwater where the military did not want to send in equipment that would be detected. The rare few that were able to gain tails in the water were generally sent on these missions.
The greater part of the aquatics that could not grow tails when introduced to water were used in wetlands, swamps, lakes, etc. and specially trained in underwater fighting. They were able to fight under the surface for as long as necessary, creep through the water to find those trying to use the water for cover, and able to drag and hold under those said people.
[li] Claws; A fairly common trait like most of the other hybrids. They are longer than the others, and thinner like bear claws.
- [li] Tail; An uncommon trait in the group, but not non-existent. Their tails are stubby though.
- [li] Heavyweight; Ursidae hybrids are generally heavier and thicker than the other hybrids.
Military Purposes: Ursidaes were created for one thing and one thing only, to be the brute force behind the canine group. When going into battle, the two groups were paired up, one with the agility and one with the high strength. Ursidaes were used mainly as wrecking balls when in large group battles.
- [li] Advanced Sight; Every hybrid has sensitive sight.